Atrial Fibrillation
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: A Fib getting worse
Topic Summary: Advise???
Created On: 12/19/2005 10:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/19/2005 10:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jimnlin

Joined Forum: 12/19/2005

I've been living with a fib for about 2 years. I've been under a physicians care, but would like to see what others think. I've been treated with meds from the beginning of treatment aprox 2 yrs ago. I began with propranolol upon onset of palpitations initially. The DR then switched me to sectral 200 mg a day. This worked for a short time, but then the regular a fib returned. The sectral was then increased to 400 mg a day. Again this worked for a couple of months. It returned last spring and we increased again to 800mg/day (400- 2x). This was ok until about thanksgiving, when they have returned with a vengence. Additional symptoms have also begun. Initially, the skipped beats and "hard" beats were short lived. They now last several hours. There are also times when my pulse rate goes to over 200 bpm. I become somewhat light headed when this occurs. I don't feel comfortable with increasing the meds each time. Is there a max dosage for sectral? Also, he does not treat me with a blood thinner, should I be concerned? I'm also being treated for depression with Wellbutrin and Lexapro. He wants me to reduce and/or stop these. I'm certainly not comfortable with this. Is there a relation between A Fib and these meds?
 01/30/2006 06:28 PM

MIMI

Joined Forum: 01/30/2006

Hi,
I have been suffering from PAF since i was 24-four long years ago.
I would be so worried about not being on a blood thinner,demand to have second opinion.
my email is yogynbooboo1@aol.com
Contact me if you wish to speak some more
 02/19/2006 03:10 PM

judithuk

Joined Forum: 02/19/2006

I have sent you some mail. I am not a not a nutcase. Just an ordinary mum from the UK.
Statistics
4189 users are registered to the Atrial Fibrillation forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.
The most users ever online was 547 on 06/27/2008 at 02:59 AM.
There are currently 2 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 2 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.