Preparing to View the Webcast
Follow These Steps to Get Ready
- Make sure that the computer that you are
using to view the webcast is connected to the Internet.
A "broadband" (corporate
LAN, cable, DSL) connection is strongly preferred.
- Click here
to see what media players are installed on your computer.
- If "Real 10Player" is installed, go
to step 3.
- If "Real 10 Player" is not installed,
to install the FREE version of Real Player (Look carefully to locate
the "Download the Free Basic Real 10 Player" button
“Real.com” page.) It is not necessary to purchase any
of Real's premium players or subscription plans. The
free basic player is all that is required to view the
- Click here
to test "Real 10 Player" for viewing the webcast.
- If you see and hear the 10 second slp3D
video clip, then the computer is ready to view the webcast.
To ensure that you have the best viewing experience
the computer needs to be connected to the Internet with
a broadband connection.
- If you do not see and hear the 10 second
video clip, then click here to go to Real's "Real
Guide Page" and try playing one of the videos on that
page. If that doesn't work either and you are connected
to the Internet through a hospital or
the network administrator at your location to remedy
the connection problem. The most likely reason preventing
you from seeing and hearing the clip is a "firewall"
- If you are connecting directly to the
Internet by cable modem or DSL, you will need to contact
your Internet cable or DSL service provider about the
connection problem. If you have a home network that
includes a firewall, and you cannot see the 10 second
video clip you may also need to consult the hardware
documentation and/or call on the manufacturer for technical
support.You may need to open port 554 on your firewall
to allow Real Video through.
- View the webcast with a computer that
meets or exceeds these requirements*
System Requirements for Real Player 10
Real Player 10
is Real’s current player version.
Recommended system requirements:
- 500 MHz Intel Pentium
III processor or greater (supports simultaneous record/playback
- 256MB RAM
- 52MB available disk space - 56Kbps modem, bare minimum. Broadband connection strongly recommended
- Full Duplex sound card and speakers
- 65,000-color video display card [set to display at 800x600](video)
- Windows 98/ SE / ME /NT 4.0 with service pack 6 or later, 2000 with Service
Pack 2 or later, XP
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later (5.0 minimum), Netscape 7.0 or later