Preparing to View the Webcast
Follow These Steps to Get Ready
- Make sure that the computer that you are
using to view the webcast is connected to the Internet.
Although a 56K connection will work, a "broadband" (corporate
LAN, cable, DSL) connection is strongly preferred.
- Click here
to see what media players are installed on your computer.
- If "RealOne Player" is installed, go
to step 3.
- If "RealOne Player" is not installed,
to install the FREE version (Look carefully to locate
the "Download the Free RealOne Player" button on the
“Real.com” page.) It is not necessary to purchase any
of Real's premium players or subscription plans. The
free basic player is all that is required to view the
- Click here
to test "RealOne Player" for viewing the webcast.
- If you see and hear the 10 second slp3D
video clip, then the computer is ready to view the webcast.
To ensure that you have the best viewing experience
the computer needs to be connected to the Internet with
a broadband connection.
- If you do not see and hear the 10 second
video clip and you are connected to the Internet through
a hospital or corporate network, then you need to contact
the network administrator at your location to remedy
the connection problem. The most likely reason preventing
you from seeing and hearing the clip is a "firewall"
- If you are connecting directly to the
Internet by cable modem or DSL, you will need to contact
your Internet cable or DSL service provider about the
connection problem. If you have a home network that
includes a firewall, and you cannot see the 10 second
video clip you may also need to consult the hardware
documentation and/or call on the manufacturer for technical
- View the webcast with a computer that
meets or exceeds these requirements*
- 300mhz Intel Pentium III (or equivalent) processor or greater
- 128MB RAM
- Internet access. Broadband Internet access (Cable, DSL, or Local Area Network) is STRONGLY recommended
- Sound card and speakers
- Video display card set to 65,000-colors (True Color) with a display size of 800x600 pixels or greater
- Windows 98/ ME / NT (Service Pack 4 or later)/ 2000 /XP
- Internet Explorer 5.0 (or later) or Netscape 6.2 (or later)
RealOne player is available for Mac OSX, as is a beta version of Realplayer 10 (the current version on the Windows side). It performs well and is compatible with any Mac recognized as OSX capable.
-Internet connection: 56Kbps or faster modem (a broadband
connection STRONGLY recommended
-Safari 1.2.2, Internet Explorer 5.0 (or later) or Netscape 4.76 (or later)
(Users of Mac OS 9.2 or lower will have to use RealPlayer 8. Some frame rate reduction can be expected)
Recommended system requirements for Real Player 8:
PowerPC G3 processor (233 MHz or faster)
Mac OS 8.5 or later, up to 9.2
128 MB RAM
Internet connection: 56Kbps or faster modem (a broadband connection STRONGLY recommended)
Internet Explorer 5.0 (or later) or Netscape 4.76 (or later)